Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Admission to the Ontario Finnish Resthome Association Kotitalo Residence falls into two categories:
- Supportive Housing
For access to Kotitalo’s Supportive Housing program, a recent physician-completed medical assessment is required. With the medical assessment, The Ontario Finnish Resthome Association determines eligibility and manages the admission application process. To be eligible, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Is a disabled adult (55 years of age or older) or senior aged 60 years of age or older
- Has a medical assessment that has been completed within the last year
- Is able to ambulate independently or by using an assistive device (e.g., walker, canes, wheelchair).
- Is able to transfer him/herself from wheelchair to chair or to bed independently.
- Is able to independently (or with the aide of a spouse) complete his/her daily personal care, such as dressing and daily washing
- Does not pose a safety risk to self or others.
- Is able to prepare own breakfast (lunch and dinner are provided through congregate dining).
- Is able to self administer his/her own medications
Please note: motorized wheelchairs/scooters are not permitted as in crowded environments they can pose a risk to other residents.
2. Assisted Living:
For eligibility to the Assisted Living Program please visit the North East Community Care Access Center or call 1-800-668-7705.