All placements for long-term care are done through the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) 705-949-1650.
The steps in the process are as follows:
- The Client or his/her family contacts Community Care Access Centre (CCAC).
- The CCAC assesses client needs to determine service requirements.
- Client and family complete application.
- CCAC determines eligibility for LTC Facility Placement
- Applications forwarded to 3 facilities of client’s choice
- Facility must notify CCAC within 5 business days of decision to approve or not approve application. If approved, the facility will also designate which unit would be appropriate for admission.
- Once the application is approved applicant is placed on Facility Wait list according to priority rating.
- The facility notifies CCAC in writing whenever there is a bed vacancy.
- The bed is offered to the next applicant on wait list appropriate to requested accommodation and unit designation.
- Admission is scheduled.